|For Immediate Release:||7 April 2010|
|PR Contacts:||Mike Kilroy or Juliette Mutzke
Maples Communications, Inc.
(ISC)2® Announces Availabilty of Computer-Based Testing for CSSLP® Certification
Enhanced Convenience and Security Augments Candidates’ Exam Experience and Meets Demand for Information Security Professionals
Palm Harbor, Fla., U.S.A., April 7, 2010 — (ISC)2® (“ISC-squared”), the not-for-profit global leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers with more than 66,000 certified members worldwide, today announced the availability of computer-based testing for its Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) credential.
The first (ISC)2 certification exam to make the transition from paper-and-pencil delivery, the CSSLP exam will be available at nearly 500 Pearson VUE test centers around the world. Pearson VUE, (ISC)2’s computer-based test delivery provider, is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs.
The benefits of (ISC)2 computer-based testing through Pearson VUE include:
- Increased convenience — In addition to offering more exam centers around the world, computer-based testing through Pearson VUE also increases the number of exam scheduling opportunities. Upon application approval by (ISC)2 to take the exam, the candidate can schedule an exam online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for any time a testing center is open. Also, candidates will receive notification of their test results immediately after completing the exam.
- A consistent testing environment — The testing experience is exactly the same for each Pearson Professional Center; all facilities are equipped with an identical layout, materials and process to ensure a consistent experience for all candidates that enables a fair and precise evaluation of a candidate’s competency.
- Reduced travel costs — By offering more testing location options, computer-based testing through Pearson VUE reduces the cost of travel and overnight stays for individuals and organizations.
- Enhanced security measures — Pearson VUE testing centers include certified proctors, advanced biometric verification to confirm the identity of the exam candidates, video and audio monitoring, encryption of all test packages and results, anomaly detection and other forensic safeguards.
“We believe computer-based testing through Pearson VUE offers CSSLP certification candidates the most professional and convenient testing experience possible,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director for (ISC)2. “And as it does for premier organizations around the world, Pearson VUE is providing a highly secure testing process overseen by CISSPs in their organization.”
(ISC)2 will gradually phase in computer-based testing for all of its credential exams over the next three years in part to meet the projected growth for the profession worldwide. The most recent (ISC)2 Global Information Security Workforce Study (“GISWS”) found that the number of information security professionals is expected to increase to almost 2.7 million by 2012, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10 percent.
The CSSLP aims to stem the proliferation of software vulnerabilities by establishing best practices and validating an individual’s competency in addressing security issues throughout the software lifecycle. Code-language neutral, it is applicable to analysts, developers, software engineers, software architects, project managers, software quality assurance testers, programmers and others involved in the software lifecycle.
CSSLP candidates must demonstrate four years of professional experience in the software development lifecycle process or three years of experience and a bachelor’s degree (or regional equivalent) in an IT discipline to be approved to take the exam. If they pass the rigorous exam, and following a potential audit of their experience, candidates must be endorsed by a current (ISC)2 member, subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics and obtain annual Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits to maintain their certification.
(ISC)2 requires that all CSSLP candidates apply to take the examination on its Website prior to registering with Pearson VUE for a testing appointment. (ISC)2 will review each application and determine if the candidate is qualified to take the exam. If approved, (ISC)2 will notify Pearson VUE that the candidate will be eligible to test. Once the candidate receives notification of authorization to test, he or she must schedule and take the CSSLP examination within 90 days. If the candidate does not test within 90 days, then the candidate must re-apply on the (ISC)2 Website for a new authorization.
The CSSLP computer-based exam’s content is identical to the paper-based exam, as only the delivery mechanism is different. The cost to take the CSSLP computer-based exam is US $549/€510/GBP £340.
CSSLP exam candidates can choose to take the exam at a Pearson Professional Center, Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center Select, or Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center located on US military installations around the world.
Register now for the CSSLP computer-based exam. Following are links to additional information:
- Information bulletin on CSSLP computer-based testing for candidates (pdf)
- Demonstration and tutorial of Pearson VUE’s computer-based testing experience
- More information about (ISC)2 certification testing through Pearson VUE
- FAQs from (ISC)2
(ISC)2 is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals worldwide, with over 66,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)2 issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP®), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)2’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ANSI/ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)2 also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
About Pearson VUE
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 165 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON), the international media company, whose businesses include the Financial Times Group, Pearson Education and the Penguin Group.