Due to Winter Storm Helena impacting south, southeast and southern New England states in the U.S., we are experiencing high volumes of site closures. We are working diligently to contact all affected candidates by email and phone. If you have questions about your appointment, please contact customer service. We appreciate your patience.
ABR Certification Testing
The mission of the American Board of Radiology (ABR) is to certify that our diplomates demonstrate the requisite knowledge, skill, and understanding of their disciplines to the benefit of patients. The ABR is offering initial certification and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) examinations in radiation oncology and medical physics as computer-based exams in Pearson VUE Professional Centers. The ABR is solely responsible for exam development, scoring, and reporting of results.
Please Note: The tutorial explains the use of several types of items; however, ABR exams use only one-best-answer, multiple-choice questions. All other features demonstrated are applicable to ABR exams.
Exam Calculator Update
The calculator is modeled after the Texas Instruments TI-30XS. If you wish to familiarize yourself with the way this calculator functions prior to your exam, please download the Pearson VUE tutorial and practice exam.
Once downloaded, begin the practice exam. On one of the items, you will see a calculator tab on the top left of the screen. Simply click on the tab. The calculator is displayed so you can practice using it.
For a complete list of features available on the TI-30XS, please refer to TI's Guidebook (290 KB PDF). When accessing the guidebook you may have to click “Continue as Guest” in order to view it.
ABR Exam Registration
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must meet the following requirements:
- Receive notification by the ABR of eligibility to take the exam.
- Sign the exam security agreement.
- Pay all outstanding fees and ensure fees are paid through the date of the exam.
Maintenance of Certification
- Be enrolled in the ABR’s MOC program (requires signing an agreement with the ABR).
- Pay all outstanding MOC-related fees.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Shortly thereafter, you will receive an email confirming your account activation.
- Information regarding cutoff dates for exam appointments will be included in your eligibility notification.
Maintenance of Certification
- Appointments may be made up to one business day prior to the exam. Appointment time must be scheduled for 8:00 a.m. Please note: If you schedule the exam for a time other than 8:00 a.m., your appointment will be rescheduled for you.
After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.