APICS certification Program
Certified in Production and Inventory Management
CPIM Registration Process
All candidates will be required to first log in to the APICS website and complete the Authorization to Test (ATT) Request Form. An ATT from APICS is required in order to schedule the exam with Pearson VUE, and is valid for six months from the date of issuance. After payment is applied, you will receive an ATT confirmation email from APICS with scheduling instructions and other exam-related information.
Once you have received your ATT and you are ready to register for an APICS CPIM exam, please be prepared to have the following information available when you register online or over the phone with Pearson VUE:
- APICS customer ID number — in the format APICS1234567. If you have a 6-digit ID you must add a zero at the beginning of your ID number.
- Personal information — Name as it appears in the APICS database, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. You will need to confirm this information during the registration process. Errors in your name should be reported back to APICS directly.
- Exam information — Name of exam, preferred testing date, and testing location
Schedule Your Exam with Pearson VUE Online or by Phone
The registration deadline for all exams is 24 hours before the exam date. However, this does not guarantee that you will be able to schedule an exam on your first preferred date. Exam seats are limited and are given on a first come, first served basis. We encourage youto schedule your exam as early as possible for the best selection of dates, times, and locations.
Online scheduling with Pearson VUE is a two-step process. The first step is to create a web account which contains your user profile. You only need to create a web account on your first visit to the Pearson VUE website. You may login into the same web account on all subsequent visits. You will need your APICS ID to create the account. You will then receive an email that allows you to continue to the second step, which is scheduling the testing appointment. You may conduct all future scheduling online once a web account is created.
CPIM and CPIM Recertification Appointment Details
- If you can no longer test as scheduled, you must reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours prior to the selected testing appointment time. Exams cannot be rescheduled or cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the selected testing appointment time.
- Exams scheduled, rescheduled or canceled with the assistance of a Pearson VUE call center representative will result in a $10 (USD) administrative charge. There is no administrative charge to schedule or make appointment changes on the web.
- Any exam rescheduled will result in a $30 (USD) rescheduling charge. In addition, if you utilize a Pearson VUE call center, you will incur the additional $10 (USD) administrative charge
- Any exam cancelled will result in forfeiture of your entire exam fee paid to APICS and your Authorization to Test (ATT) will be consumed. In addition, if you utilize a Pearson VUE call center, you will incur the additional $10 (USD) administrative charge. If you cannot test within your six-month ATT period you will forfeit your exam fees paid to APICS. However, if you have already scheduled an exam within this time period and can no longer take it, you are encouraged to cancel the scheduled exam to free up the reserved seat for other examination candidates.
All candidates will be required to log in to the APICS website and complete the Authorization to Test (ATT) Request Form.
Rescheduling an exam online more than 24 hours prior to the testing date will result in a $30 (USD) rescheduling charge. Exams rescheduled through the call center will also incur the $10 (USD) administrative charge. Exams cannot be rescheduled less than 24 hours prior to the testing appointment time.
Any cancellation will result in voiding of the ATT and forfeiture of the exam fee paid to APICS. However, if you have already scheduled an exam and can no longer take it, you are encouraged to cancel the scheduled exam to free up the reserved seat for other examination candidates.
If you do not provide 24-hour advance notice, your exam will go into a “no show” status. You will forfeit any exam fees paid and will need to purchase a new ATT.
The following are acceptable reasons for missing your scheduled exam:
- A serious illness (either yourself or an immediate family member)
- A death in the immediate family
- A disabling traffic accident
- A court appearance or jury duty
- Unexpected military duty
If you miss your exam for any of these reasons, contact Pearson VUE immediately at 866-583-8949. You must request to have an incident opened to document the emergency situation. The call center representative will provide you with an incident number as well as a fax number to send in the required documentation. You must submit written documentation in order to have your request reviewed.
If you have feedback about a test center or testing experience, please contact Pearson VUE customer service. If you have other feedback, APICS will send you a post-exam survey via email shortly after your exam date. You may also submit feedback to email@example.com.