Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN®)
The Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing is the benchmark for nursing certifications across the emergency spectrum.
BCEN offers specialty certification and recertification exams delivered through Pearson VUE, including:
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN®)
- Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN®)
- Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse (CPEN®)
- Certified Transport Registered Nurse (CTRN®)
- Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN®)
How to Schedule Your Exam
Scheduling an exam online:
In order to be eligible to schedule your BCEN exam, your online exam application form (located within your BCEN Account) must first be submitted and processed with payment in full. Once the payment is completed you can schedule your exam online by selecting Schedule Exam located on the bottom left of the home page in your BCEN Account.
Scheduling an exam by phone:
- To schedule by phone, contact Pearson VUE customer service.
After you schedule your exam, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email listing your exam date, exam time, along with the address and directions to the Pearson VUE Testing Center.
On Exam Day
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time to check in.
- Present valid identification – Two valid forms of ID are required to sit for the exam. For specifics, please see the BCEN Candidate Handbook.