Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CCVA) Exams
Coordinated through Professional Testing (PTI).
CCVA’s mission is to advance excellence in volunteer administration by delivering professional certification and advocating ethical practice. Established in 2006 as an independent nonprofit organization, CCVA is governed by an international board and manages two certification exams.
CVA (Certified in Volunteer Administration)
- Intended for individuals who lead and manage volunteer engagement in any type of organization or setting
- Candidates must document at least three years of experience (paid and/or unpaid) in volunteer management roles
- Open to candidates from any country if they are comfortable testing in English
- Complete details available at www.cvacert.org
CAVS (Certified Administrator of Volunteer Services)
- Intended for leaders and managers of volunteers in healthcare settings in the United States
- Candidates must document a combination of education and paid professional experience in healthcare volunteer services management
- Sponsored by the Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals, a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association
- Complete details available at www.ahvrp.org
Before scheduling an exam, you must have received an authorization-to-test email from CCVA. For more information, visit the sites above. You may also contact CCVA at 804-794-8689 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling for a computer based exam
Your authorization-to-test email will tell you the first and last dates you may take the exam. It is up to you to make an appointment to take the exam in that timeframe. Exam appointments may be made up to one business day in advance. Locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To schedule by phone, contact customer service.
To schedule online, first-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Please note that account activation may require up to 24 hours. When creating your account and scheduling your exam, you will need your CCVA candidate ID number from the authorization-to-test email sent to you upon completion of the application process.
After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.