Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA®) Examination
The CMCA is the only national certification program developed for managers of homeowner and condominium associations and cooperatives. The CMCA recognizes individuals who have successfully demonstrated the core knowledge, skills and abilities required to manage a community association.
- Governance and legal matters
- Budgets, reserves, investments, and assessments
- Risk management and insurance
- Meetings management
- Human resource management
- Personal Effectiveness Competencies
The CMCA examination is a three-hour, 120-question multiple choice exam. Candidates are allowed to retake the examination as many times as necessary until they achieve certification.
Examination Application Process
To apply to sit for the CMCA examination:
- Read the CMCA Handbook in its entirety.
- Review and understand exam procedures and the CMCA Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Complete the CMCA examination application accurately and in its entirety.
- Pay the exam fee.
Examination Scheduling Information
Following review and approval of the CMCA examination application candidates are issued an Authorization to Test (ATT) letter, including detailed instructions for scheduling an examination appointment. The name on the ATT must match the name on the candidate's government-issued ID. CAMICB must be notified immediately to correct inaccurate spelling of a candidate's name or incorrect personal information. If a candidate's name does not match the name on the candidate's government-issued ID the candidate will not be admitted to a Pearson VUE testing center.
Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day a candidate wishes to test, subject to availability. Pearson VUE offers the following scheduling options:
Toll Free: 866.779.CMCA