Colorado Barbers and Cosmetologists
This page contains specific information about Colorado Barbers and Cosmetologists testing. Register for your next exam, find test information, or download handbooks/applications/forms from this page.
Effective January 1, 2014, Pearson VUE will no longer administer Colorado Office of Barber and Cosmetology Licensure exams. PSI will begin administering the exams starting January 2, 2014. Candidates can begin scheduling their exams and submitting applications to PSI on December 16, 2013; candidates are able to schedule exams online at: candidate.psiexams.com or by calling 1-800-733-9267. Please note: the PSI call center will not be operational until December 16, 2013.
Licensure by Examination Application
BEFORE you attempt to schedule an exam reservation, please click on the LINK to Apply for Licensure online (or PRINT the Licensure by Examination Application) to BEGIN the licensure process. This is the FIRST step in the authorization process. You must first file an application to be approved to test.
- Apply for licensure online
- Print the Licensure by Examination Application (pdf) for mailing to Pearson VUE
Examination Scheduling Information
Please VERIFY that your name and personal information are CORRECT. Contact Pearson VUE immediately (at 1-800-274-8969) to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors. It is very important that this information is correct, as it will appear as it was entered on the documentation provided to you after you have completed the exam, as well as on any reports to your licensing agency.
Appointments for PRACTICAL exams may be made up to five (5) calendar days prior to the day you wish to test.
Appointments for WRITTEN exams may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day you wish to test, subject to availability. Pearson VUE offers the following scheduling options:
- Candidate Handbook (784 KB pdf)
The Candidate Handbook is the most comprehensive resource for prospective licensees. It includes licensing information, what to bring to an exam, exam scheduling, exam fees, content outlines, testing center rules and more.
- Practical Examination Skills List (168 KB pdf)
- Practical Examination Equipment/Supplies List (105 KB pdf)
- Practical Skills and Written Examination Content Outlines (180 KB pdf)
Licensure by Examination Application Forms
- Licensure by Examination Application (436 KB pdf)
- Criminal Disclosure Letter (78 KB pdf)
- Information Regarding Addiction Status (16 KB pdf)
- Information Regarding Felony Conviction (30 KB pdf)
- Information Regarding Work History (17 KB pdf)
- Monitoring Information From Court or Probation/Parole Officer (17 KB pdf)
- Special Accommodations Request Form (61 KB pdf)
Training School Information
- Special In-Facility Request Document (19 KB pdf)
- Barber Haircut Photos (2 MB pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Practical Exams (29 KB pdf)
- Authorized Signature Document (17 KB pdf)
- Barber Record of Completion Certificate (16 KB pdf)
- Cosmetology Record of Completion Certificate (17 KB pdf)
- Esthetician Record of Completion Certificate (16 KB pdf)
- Hairstylist Record of Completion Certificate (16 KB pdf)
- Manicurist Record of Completion Certificate (16 KB pdf)
Subject Matter Expert Form
- Subject Matter Expert Application (130 KB pdf)