California Subject Examinations for Teachers® (CSET®)
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson is field testing items for the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET®) program.
To be eligible to participate, you must be seeking fulfillment of a credentialing requirement for the state of California in Multiple Subjects or Science and have recently or are currently preparing to take the CSET: Multiple Subjects or Science examination.
Faculty members are not eligible to participate in the field testing.
Current CSET Field Test Opportunities:
- CSET: Science Subtest II: Physics (220) – select PTCS220 when scheduling
Please note that due to high demand, all other field test opportunities for the CSET program are currently closed. It is not possible to register for new appointments or to reschedule existing appointments for the field tests listed below. If you need to cancel an existing appointment for one of these fields, please use the link on the right side of this page.
- CSET: Multiple Subjects Subtest II: Science (214)
- CSET: Science Subtest I: General Science (215)
- CSET: Science Subtest II: Life Sciences (217)
- CSET: Science Subtest II: Chemistry (218)
- CSET: Science Subtest II: Earth and Space Sciences (219)
Advantages of Participating
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable practice in computer-based testing. For the acceptable completion of each field test form1, candidates are offered an incentive of either a $50.00 Barnes and Noble eGift Card2 or a $75.00 test voucher3 to be used toward future registration fees for a California Educator Credentialing Examination: CBEST™, CPACE, CSET®, CTEL®, or RICA®. Test vouchers are transferable and expire one year from the date of issue. Incentives are issued upon verification of the acceptable completion of each field test form. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing.
Each field test form consists of a set of multiple-choice questions and three to four constructed-response (essay) items. Most field test sessions are administered during a 75-minute test session of which approximately 55 minutes are provided to respond to the items. The CSET: Science Subtest I: General Science (215) is administered during a 105-minute session. Eligible participants may complete up to two (2) field test forms for Multiple Subjects Subtest II (214), Chemistry (218), Earth and Space Sciences (219), and Physics (220); up to three (3) field test forms for Life Sciences (217); and up to four (4) field test forms for General Science (215). Additional registrations for a field test session can only be scheduled after the first field test session is completed (consecutive field test appointments are not available). For Life Sciences (217) and General Science (215), additional registrations beyond the first two field test sessions must be made after December 17, 2016. Field test results will be analyzed as group data only and will be kept confidential. Score information will not be provided to participants or institutions.
For additional information about participating in this field test, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSET field testing begins December 5, 2016. You may schedule an appointment starting November 21, 2016.
After you schedule a field test appointment, Pearson VUE will email you a confirmation listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of your test center, and directions to the test center.
If you are unable to keep a field test appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled test time.
- Incentives are issued upon verification of acceptable completion of each field test form and acceptance of participation terms and conditions. You may choose only one (1) incentive per field test form and may complete up to two (2) field test forms for Multiple Subjects Subtest II, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, and Physics; up to three (3) field test forms for Life Sciences; and up to four (4) field test forms for General Science. Additional incentive requests beyond one incentive for each field test form completed will not be honored.
- A Barnes and Noble eGift Card is valid for use until the balance is consumed at www.bn.com and has no expiration date.
- A test registration voucher may be applied toward registration fees for a future California Educator Credentialing Examination, including the California Basic Educational Skills Test™ (CBEST™), California Preliminary Administrative Credential Examination (CPACE), California Subject Examinations for Teachers® (CSET®), California Teacher of English Learners® (CTEL®), or Reading Instruction Competence Assessment® (RICA®). Test registration vouchers are transferable and expire one year from the date of issue.