New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) and the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson are seeking candidates who meet the qualifications indicated below to participate in a field test of items that may appear on future NYSTCE test forms. Field test participants will receive incentives upon verification of participation.
Eligibility Requirements for Participation:
Participants may only take field tests for which they are qualified. To be qualified to take one of the field tests listed, participants must meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a junior, senior or graduate student enrolled or recently enrolled in an education preparation program in New York.
Educator preparation faculty are not eligible to participate in the field test.
Current Field Test Opportunities:
- NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Early Childhood (Birth–Grade 2) Parts One & Two: Literacy and English Language Arts & Mathematics (select PTNY911 when scheduling)
- NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Childhood (Grade 1–Grade 6) Parts One & Two: Literacy and English Language Arts & Mathematics (select PTNY921 when scheduling)
- NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Teachers of Middle Childhood (Grade 5–Grade 9) Parts One & Two: Literacy and English Language Arts & Mathematics (select PTNY931 when scheduling)
- NYSTCE Multi-Subject: Secondary Teachers (Grade 7–Grade 12) Parts One & Two: Literacy and English Language Arts & Mathematics (select PTNY941 when scheduling)
Advantages of Participating
You will have the opportunity to view and respond to test items that may appear on future versions of NYSTCE exams. Participants who register for and complete a field test can choose to receive a $100 NYSTCE voucher* to be applied to future test fees OR one $50 Barnes and Noble e-Gift Card**.
Other advantages of field test participation include:
- providing input into the test that will be taken by future educators,
- gauging professional knowledge by taking actual test items, and
- gaining practical testing experience.
Each field test consists of 2 constructed-response assignments and is administered during a 135-minute test session. Approximately 20 minutes of the session is dedicated to the presentation of a computer-based testing tutorial and a short survey. Eligible participants may complete up to two (2) field test forms. The second registration can only be scheduled after the first field test session is completed (consecutive field test appointments are not available).
Field test results will be analyzed as group data only and will be kept confidential. Score information will not be provided to participants or institutions.
If you have any questions about this field test, please email NYSTCEfieldtest@pearson.com.
NYSTCE field testing begins November 5, 2018. You may schedule an appointment starting October 22, 2018.
After you schedule a field test appointment, Pearson VUE will email you a confirmation listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of your test center, and directions to the test center.
If you are unable to keep a field test appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled test time.
*Field test vouchers are only for the NYSTCE program and cannot be used for edTPA.
**Incentives will be distributed 6–8 weeks after the close of the field test window.