FAQ’s for InfoComm Certification Exam Applicants/Candidates – Change to Pearson VUE Testing January 1, 2011
- Does Pearson VUE offer all InfoComm certification exams?
Yes. The Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), Certified Technology Specialist - Design (CTS-D) and Certified Technology Specialist - Installation (CTS-I) exams are available through Pearson VUE.
- Want to know more about Pearson VUE?
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) provides computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government, healthcare and other professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers.
- Did the InfoComm exams change when the testing centers switched from Prometric to Pearson VUE?
No, the exams did not change. The content, questions, format and scoring of the InfoComm exams are developed using volunteer AV industry subject matter experts guided by psychometricians through the InfoComm Certification Committee process.
Pearson VUE also offers a computer-based testing tutorial and practice exam software as well as a sample calculator that allows you to practice navigating your way through the exams and become familiar with Pearson VUE’s computer-based testing format. To view this on-line tutorial, visit www.pearsonvue.com/infocomm and click on “Pearson VUE Testing Tutorial and Practice Exam.”
- How can I locate a Pearson Testing Center approved for InfoComm exams in my area?
Pearson VUE has more than 250 Pearson Professional Centers worldwide and more than 150 international approved partner testing sites available for InfoComm exams The quickest way to locate the Pearson Testing Center near you is to visit www.pearsonvue.com/infocomm and click on “Locate a Test Center.”
- If I am serving in the US military how can I locate the authorized Pearson VUE test center on my installation?
To locate an on base Authorized Pearson VUE test site visit www.pearsonvue.com/military/register. (To gain access to these test sites you must have valid Federal ID. Civilians without valid Federal ID will be turned away by US military entrance gate security.) Note that testing on the military testing sites is limited to authorized U.S. military personnel.
- What will happen to my records and testing history with Prometric?
All records and testing history are the property of InfoComm. Likewise, new records created through Pearson VUE will be securely transmitted to InfoComm for processing and storage.
- Did the change from Prometric Testing to Pearson VUE alter my certification?
No, your certification(s) will remain the same.
- Is authorization required to take an InfoComm certification exam?
Yes. The InfoComm Certification Office processes the exam application and authorization process. Exam application and authorization instructions may be found at www.infocomm.org/CTS. Upon eligibility approval, you will receive a Candidate ID email from InfoComm and will then be able to schedule your exam appointment with Pearson VUE.
If you have questions concerning your exam application or eligibility requirements, please contact InfoComm Certification at 1.800.659.7469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When can I expect to see my exam results?
Exam results are available immediately after testing with Pearson VUE. For more information regarding results, contact InfoComm certification at 1.800.659.7469 or email email@example.com.
- How do I schedule an appointment to take an InfoComm exam at a Pearson VUE center?
Authorized candidates may schedule an exam appointment online by first creating a web account on www.pearsonvue.com/infocomm, Click on “My Account”, then click on “Create a new web account.” You will be asked to provide your InfoComm candidate ID (as listed in your approval email from InfoComm) and your name.
To schedule an exam, sign in at www.pearsonvue.com/infocomm and click on “My Account.” Enter your Pearson VUE username and password and follow instructions.
You may also schedule your appointment to test or get more information by contacting the Pearson VUE Contact Center in your region.
In the Americas: U.S. and Canada 1.866.280.8557 toll free, America’s Region: (Toll) +1.952.681.3872 Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.
In Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific: Registration phone numbers provided at www.pearsonvue.com/infocomm.
- Does Pearson VUE have access to information about InfoComm exams that I’ve taken with Prometric?
No. Pearson VUE only has access to data related to the exams it delivers. InfoComm maintains data regarding prior examinations.
- Where can I order a copy of my Prometric score report?
Contact the InfoComm Certification Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.659.7469.
- I require special accommodations. Can Pearson VUE sites accommodate me?
Pearson VUE sites can accommodate special requests approved by InfoComm during the application process for candidates who are identified as having special needs.
- I need another copy of the confirmation for my exam appointment. How do I get one?
A confirmation letter is automatically sent via email after you schedule an exam appointment, and you may print this email for your confirmation. If you do not receive the automated email, please contact Pearson VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/infocomm.
- Are any of the exams offered in languages other than English?
Yes. The general CTS exams are offered in Spanish and German.
- Are practice tests available for InfoComm exams?
InfoComm is in the process of developing Practice Exams and will post those on the website as soon as they become available.
- What is the InfoComm reschedule policy and procedure for the InfoComm computer-based test?
Candidates are able to reschedule their exam directly on the Pearson VUE website or through Pearson VUE customer support. Candidates are required to give at least 24-hour notice to Pearson VUE.
- What is the cancellation policy and procedure for the InfoComm computer-based test?
Candidates are required to notify Pearson VUE of exam cancellation at least 24-hours prior to scheduled exam time. Less than 24 hours notice will incur a fee.
- What if I did not give 24-hour notice to Pearson VUE but need to cancel my exam?
If you did not provide a 24-hour notice, then you would be considered an exam “no show” and will need to contact InfoComm to resubmit the application with the fee.
- I had a medical emergency and was not able to take my exam. What should I do?
Please contact Pearson VUE Customer Care immediately. The Pearson VUE representative will tell you how to submit written documentation of your emergency so that you will not be penalized as a no-show.
Only the following are acceptable reasons for missing your scheduled exam:
- a serious illness (either yourself or an immediate family member)
- a death in the immediate family
- a disabling traffic accident
- a court appearance or jury duty
- unexpected military duty