The Information Technology Certification Council (ITCC) has partnered with Pearson Credential Management (formerly Integral7) to bring you the ITCC TechCertRegistry. The ITCC TechCertRegistry provides IT professionals with the ability to manage their IT certifications with a single account using a Universal ID that is defined and recognized by the ITCC TechCertRegistry credential sponsors and testing providers. The ITCC TechCertRegistry makes it easy for IT professionals to aggregate their certifications from participating credential sponsors into a single secure report that can be shared with employers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Information Technology Certification Council (ITCC) is a group of industry leaders focused on promoting certifications for information technology professionals. The council was established to ensure that a qualified, certified workforce is in place to support the technology needs of businesses and organizations worldwide.
The ITCC mission is, “To enhance the value of Information Technology certification.”
ITCC members include Certiport, Cisco, Citrix Systems, Inc., EXIN International, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kaplan, LPI (Linux Professional Institute), Microsoft, Novell, Prometric, and Pearson VUE.
For more information visit the ITCC website.
The ITCC TechCertRegistry is a web-based application sponsored by participating ITCC members that provides and supports services for IT candidates, credential sponsors (certification vendors), and employers who hire or contract skilled IT professionals.
The ITCC TechCertRegistry application allows IT candidates to:
- Create a secure account to aggregate their IT certifications into one, convenient record.
- Create a unique ID to use universally with credential sponsors/certification vendors and testing providers.
- Publish an official verified transcript of their IT certifications to employers or other parties.
- Save time, money and frustration.
The ITCC TechCertRegistry services support the IT certifications of the participating ITCC credential sponsors and testing providers.
A credential sponsor manages and administers a certification program. Sometimes called a certification vendor, typically the credential sponsor sets and administers the certification requirements, enforces the certification policies, grants the certification and provides the certification benefits.
LPI, Citrix, Cisco, HP, IBM and Novell are all examples of credential sponsors.
Pearson Credential Management provides technology and support for the ITCC TechCertRegistry. For more information, visit www.pearsoncred.com.
The ITCC can be contacted through its website. The ITCC TechCertRegistry administration can be contacted by candidates through their TechCertRegistry account by clicking on “New Incident” and completing the form.
The Universal ID is a unique IT candidate identification recognized by participating ITCC TechCertRegistry credential sponsors and testing providers.
The Universal ID allows the candidate to select and use a single, easy to remember ID with participating credential sponsors and test service providers. The ID is selected by the candidate when they set up their ITCC TechCertRegistry account. The ID is validated to ensure it is between 6 and 50 characters and is unique. It can contain special characters, for example “@” so that an email address can be used for the ID.
The candidate’s Universal ID is displayed at the top of the ITCC TechCertRegistry web pages after the candidate logs into his or her TechCertRegistry account.
The Universal ID is designed to be used as the sole candidate ID with the participating TechCertRegistry credential sponsors and testing providers. It can be used as the single ID across the TechCertRegistry participants and when using the TechCertRegistry services.
Instead of having to use the specific candidate ID issued by each of the credential sponsors and testing providers, the candidate can simply use a unique, self-selected Universal ID and save time and frustration associated with having to use multiple IDs and certification verification systems.
The TechCertRegistry is designed for IT certification candidates—individuals who hold a certification with one or more credential sponsors.
The process is straightforward:
- On the TechCertRegistry login page, the candidate clicks on the “Create an account” button.
- The candidate must read and agree to the end-user license agreement.
- The candidate enters the required information in the online registration form presented. This includes selecting a Universal ID – a unique ID between 6 and 50 characters that can contain special characters, for example "@" if the candidate wants to use an email address for their ID.
- An email message containing login and account activation instructions will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Following the steps in the account activation email, the candidate activates the TechCertRegistry account and selects their password.
The candidate can access the ITCC TechCertRegistry login page via their candidate account with any of the participating TechCertRegistry credential sponsors or directly at the ITCC TechCertRegistry website. The candidate will be prompted to enter their TechCertRegistry username and password.
At launch, there are three primary ITCC TechCertRegistry services:
- The Universal ID. This allows the IT candidate to select a single, easy to remember ID and use it as their candidate ID with participating credential sponsors and test service providers. The ID is selected by the candidate when setting up an ITCC TechCertRegistry account. The ID is validated to ensure it is between 6 and 50 characters and is unique. It can contain special characters, for example “@” so that an email address can be used for the ID.
- Publish credential. The publish credential service allows candidates to publish a consolidated credential verification report of their IT certifications to a designated recipient.
- Credential check. The credential check service allows candidate-authorized employers and third parties to verify the candidate’s IT certifications using the candidate’s Universal ID.
Try the following steps:
- Review the ITCC TechCertRegistry FAQs to see if the problem is addressed there.
- Close all browser windows.
- Re-open your browser, log in and try the action again—many times this solves the problem.
- If you are still having difficulties, contact the TechCertRegistry support team by clicking on “New Incident” and entering and submitting detailed information describing the problem.
- If you cannot log into the TechCertRegistry, you can email the TechCertRegistry support team at email@example.com and provide a detailed description of the problem in the email message.