Client waiver process
Candidates who have been approved by the Massachusetts Board of Cosmetology & Barbers may only be required to take the PRACTICAL PORTION of the Massachusetts Cosmetology, Aesthetician or Manicurist exam, but will need to follow this process. You must have an existing PROFILE (or create a PROFILE) prior to completing the required Client Exam Waiver Request form and before scheduling your exam. You should not schedule your exam until you receive notification that your Client Exam Waiver has been applied successfully. Failure to do so will require that you take both the WRITTEN and PRACTICAL parts of the exam. The Test Center Administrator will not be able to apply a Client Exam Waiver at the test center.
Steps to complete
Please choose one of the following options:
- If you have not already done so, create a candidate PROFILE via the Pearson VUE website
- Complete the Client Waiver Request (Word® Document)
Email, fax or mail the completed Client Waiver Request Form and any the required supporting documents to Pearson VUE.
Example, if you were issued an approval letter by the Massachusetts Board or an application form noting that you have been approved to only pass one part of the exam in order to be licensed.
- Pearson VUE will review and validate your Client Waiver request against the state’s policies. If you meet the requirements, Pearson VUE will send you an email confirmation that the Client Waiver has been applied.
- After you receive the email confirmation, you may schedule your appointment online or contact Pearson VUE.
- If the Client Waiver is denied, Pearson VUE will send you an email that will contain information recommending next steps.
How to submit the Client Waiver Request Form
- Email the Client Waiver Request Form and any required supporting documentation to: PearsonVUEWaiversRequests@pearson.com
- You can also fax or mail your request and documentation, but doing this will result in a lengthier wait-time for your approval:
- Fax: 1-952-516-5473
- Mailing address:
Client Waivers Request
5601 Green Valley Drive
Bloomington MN 55437
If you have any further questions, please check out our Client waiver process FAQs.