Kansas Real Estate
Client Waiver Process
Candidates who are licensed in another state may only be required to take the STATE PORTION of the Kansas Real Estate exam but will need to follow this process. You must have an existing PROFILE (or create a PROFILE) prior to completing the required Client Waiver Request form and before scheduling your exam. You should not schedule your exam until you receive notification that your Client Waiver has been applied successfully. Failure to do so will require that you take both the GENERAL and STATE portions of the Kansas exam. The Test Center Administrator will not be able to apply a Client Waiver at the test center.
The Client Waiver process
- If you have not already done so, create a candidate PROFILE via the Pearson VUE website: www.pearsonvue.com/ks/realestate
- Complete the Client Waiver Request (Word® Document)
Email, fax or mail the completed Client Waiver Request Form and any the required supporting documents to Pearson VUE.
Example, for a Non-Resident licensed in another state, you will need to submit a copy of your current license from your home state.
- Pearson VUE will review and validate your Client Waiver request against the state’s policies. If you meet the requirements, Pearson VUE will send you an email confirmation that the Client Waiver has been applied.
- After you receive the email confirmation, you may continue contacting Pearson VUE to schedule your exam appointment. You may also schedule online at www.pearsonvue.com.
- If the Client Waiver is denied, Pearson VUE will send you an email that will contain information recommending next steps.
How to submit the Client Waiver Request Form
Please choose one of the following options:
- Email the Client Waiver Request Form and the required supporting documentation to: PearsonVUEWaiversRequests@pearson.com
- You can also fax or mail your request and documentation, but doing this will result in a lengthier wait-time for your approval: Fax 1-952-516-5473; Mailing address: Pearson VUE, Client Waivers Request, 5601 Green Valley Drive, Bloomington MN 55437. Questions: 1-800-274-0455.
Please note: at the time a license application is submitted, the Kansas Real Estate Commission will make its final determination about whether the applicant has submitted proof of completion of an equivalent general portion to the Kansas general exam.
If you have any further questions, please check out our FAQs.