ABU Certification Testing
Coordinated through the American Board of Surgery (ABS)
The American Board of Urology is organized to encourage study, improve standards and promote competency in the practice of urology. The objective of the Board is to identify for the public’s knowledge those physicians who have satisfied the Board’s criteria for certification and recertification in the specialty of urology.
ABU 2013 Recertification Examination:
- First registration date: 01 July 2013
- Last registration date: 23 October 2013
- Examination delivery dates: 24-25 October 2013
ABU 2014 Pediatric Subspecialty Exam:
ABU 2014 Female Pelvic Medicine Reproductive Surgery Exam:
- First registration date: 14 January 2014
- Last registration date: 19 June 2014
- Examination delivery window: 20 June 2014
ABU 2014 Qualifying (Part 1) Examination:
- First registration date: 01 May 2014
- Last registration date: 13 July 2014
- Examination delivery window: 14 & 15 July 2014
ABU 2014 Recertification Examination:
- First registration date: 01 July 2014
- Last registration date: 21 October 2014
- Examination delivery dates: 24 & 29 October 2014
Obtain general information about computer-based testing and answers to frequently asked questions, as well as practice taking an exam using the computer-based test tutorial.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Please note that account creation may require up to 24 hours. You will be notified by email when your account is activated. Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance.
After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.