CCI is a not-for-profit corporation established for the purpose of administering credentialing examinations as an independent credentialing agency. CCI began credentialing cardiovascular professionals in 1968.
A one-part examination process is available for six (6) CCI Registry Level Exams:
- Congenital Cardiac Ultrasound-Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS)
- Electrophysiology — Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES)
- Invasive / Cardiac Catheterization — Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
- Echocardiography — Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
- Phlebology / Venous Ultrasound — Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS)
- Vascular Technology / Vascular Ultrasound — Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
A one-part examination process is available for the following CCI Certificate Level Exams:
- ECG, Cardiac Stress Testing and Holter monitors - Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT)
- Event Monitoring - Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT)
The only mechanism for obtaining a CCI credential is through examination by CCI. Upon passing the required examination process, the registrant is awarded a credential to signify their registry/certification status.
For more information visit http://www.cci-online.org