This website is scheduled to undergo routine maintenance on Saturday, 24 March from 11:00 GMT - Sunday, 25 March 08:00 GMT. During this time, you may not be able to schedule, reschedule or cancel test appointments. We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
The Certified Fund Raising Executive ® (CFRE) Examination is intended to assess your mastery of the body of knowledge required to perform fundraising tasks. The CFRE credentialing programme is accredited by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Had your Initial Certification Application approved by CFRE International;
- Been notified of your eligibility to sit for the examination and received your Eligibility ID Number (EIN) from CFRE International.
- Paid the Initial Certification Fee to CFRE International.
- If the first and last name you originally provided to CFRE International is not an exact match to your photo identification documents, you must resolve the discrepancies with CFRE International before you arrive at the test centre.
Scheduling for a computer-based exam
After Pearson VUE has received your exam authorisation you will receive an authorisation to test email. It is your responsibility to make an appointment to take the exam. Exam appointments may be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance. Space at testing locations are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
As Pearson VUE will create your account for you, you must sign-in as a RETURNING USER using the login and password provided to you. You will not be able to schedule your exam through the CREATE A WEB ACCOUNT link. CFRE does not directly provide candidate IDs for registration.
After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of the test centre, and directions to the test centre.
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
You will be required to agree to the NDA that will be presented at the beginning of your exam. Failure to read/accept the agreement within the allotted 5 minutes will result in your exam ending and a forfeit of your exam fees. Please take a moment to review the agreement now so that you are familiar with it when you sit for your exam.
- CFRE International NDA (PDF, 43 KB)
About CFRE International
Founded in 2001, CFRE International is an independent nonprofit organisation whose sole mission is dedicated to setting standards in philanthropy through a valid and reliable certification process for fundraising professionals aspiring to the highest standards of ethics, competence and service.