Check Point Certification Testing
Check Point Certifications mean expertise with the technology that secures the internet for all Fortune and Global 100 companies. The benefits of becoming Check Point certified include the skills to support Check Point products, expert access to our SecureKnowledge database and advanced product documentation. See more »
A Check Point User Center or PartnerMAP account profile is required to receive benefits for Check Point certifications. If you do not have a Check Point User Center account please create an account here. If you are not sure about your account status, please contact Account Services for verification.
For results to post to your User Center account, your Pearson VUE account MUST use the same email address as your User Center account.
Check Point Certification News
- R80.x Exam News
- Check Point Exam Promotions
- Register for an Exam via Online Proctoring
- Check Point’s Professional Certifications/Proctored Exams
- Check Point’s Accreditation/Un-proctored Exams
- Check Point’s Practice Exams
- Certification Updates
- Who Owns Your Certification
R80.x Exam News
The Check Point Certified Security Master - R80 exam is now available! This exam is based on the R80.10 CCSM certification training course.
To qualify for this exam the candidate must have been certified as either R77 CCSM or R80 CCSE.
A candidate with an expired R77 CCSM is eligible to take the R80.10 CCSM.
Additionally, the Core20 promotion applies to the R80.10 CCSM.
R80.10 CCSM exam number:
• 156-115.80 – Check Point Certified Security Master – R80
Check Point Exam Promotions
For a limited time all Proctored exams will be offered at a 20% discount using the promo code: Core20
• 156-110 – Check Point Certified Security Principles Associate
• 156-115.77 – Check Point Certified Security Master
• 156-115.80 – Check Point Certified Security Master – R80 (New!)
• 156-215.77 – Check Point Certified Security Administrator
• 156-215.80 – Check Point Certified Security Administrator R80
• 156-315.77 – Check Point Certified Security Expert
• 156-315.80 – Check Point Certified Security Expert - R80
• 156-820.77 – Multi-Domain Security Management with VSX
• 156-915.77 – Check Point Certified Security Expert Update
• 156-915.80 – Check Point Certified Security Expert Update - R80
For a limited time all Practice exams will be offered at a 50% discount using the promo code: Practice50
• 156-601.77 – Check Point R77 Administrator Practice Exam
• 156-602.77 – Check Point R77 Security Expert Practice Exam
• 156-603 – Check Point Certified Security Administrator R80 - Practice
• 156-604 – Check Point Certified Security Expert R80 - Practice
Both promo codes are valid until July 31, 2018.
Register for an Exam via Online Proctoring
All Check Point exams are available via Pearson VUE Online Proctoring, which allows you to take any exam from almost any location and at any time. Exams are delivered by a live proctor to your workstation. To register, visit pearsonvue.com/checkpoint/op.
Check Point’s Professional Certifications/Proctored Exams
Check Point’s professional certifications will continue to be delivered at Pearson VUE’s Authorized Testing Centers. CCSA and CCSE (proctored exams) are priced $250 USD and CCSM $350.
These include the 156-215.xx exams for CCSA, 156-315.xx exams to complete the CCSE requirement, 156-820.77 for the CCMSE, and 156-115.77 for the CCSM.
Updating an older CCSE certification.
You can update any previous CCSE to R80 by taking the proctored 156-915.80 exam. Any pre-R77 CCSE can update to R77 by taking the 156-915.77 exam. Check Point Policy does not allow the retaking of the same exam to update.
Check Point’s Accreditation/Un-proctored Exams
Check Point is discontinuing the program of 2 accreditations extending a CCSE for 1 year, effective June 30, 2018. The accreditation exams will still be available after June 30, however, they will not count towards extending a CCSE.
Any pre-R80 CCSE may recertify by challenging the R80 CCSE Update exam (156-915.80)
For the R77 CCSE that does not wish to challenge the R80 CCSE Update exam, they may continue to certify on the R77 path by taking the following exams:
• 156-115.77 Check Point Certified Security Master (CCSM)
• 156-820.77 Multi-Domain Security Management with VSX (CCSME)
Both of these core (2-year) certifications are on the top level for Check Point. Even though the CCSE will eventually expire, once certified as a CCSM or CCMSE, the individual will receive all of the privileges of a CCSE and are not required to recertify the CCSE.
Check Point’s Practice Exams
The R80 CCSA and CCSE practice exams are now available!
Check Point offers practice exams for the proctored certification exams. Each practice exam is a subset of questions from the actual exam. Each question is accompanied by the correct answer. These 40-question exams are $50 USD.
• 156-601 – Security Administrator Practice Exam R77
• 156-602 – Security Expert Practice Exam R77
• 156-603 – Security Administrator Practice Exam R80
• 156-604 – Security Expert Practice Exam R80
The Check Point R77 CCSA, 156- 215.77 and CCSE, 156-315.77 exams will remain available until further notice. The retirement date for the R77 exams will be announced 90 days prior on this site.
Check out Check Point’s Certified Professionals Only page for access to the latest high resolution logos.
Who Owns Your Certification
Regardless of who pays for the exam, you, the exam candidate own the results. Your exam history is linked to your Certified Professional ID number granted the first time you create a Pearson VUE account. You should never create another one. If you change employers, you need only contact Account Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will assist you in moving your records to a new account.
Training & Exams
Find training near you at a global Authorized Training Center.