Ericsson Technical Certification Program (ETCP)
Ericsson Academy sponsors the Ericsson Technical Certification Program (ETCP), an ICT industry standard certification program that gives measurable recognition within diverse areas of technical competence.
ETCP includes entry-level product agnostic technology exams as well as certification tracks with three defined levels of technical competence: Associate, Professional, and Expert.
Effective March 10, 2017, the Ericsson Certified Associate – Ericsson Cloud (ECP-211) exam will become unavailable until further notice because of content update requirements. A revised version of this exam is expected to be released by end of Q3.
Introducing Discrete Option Multiple Choice (DOMC)
ETCP will be introducing a new exam item type for select exams starting November 2016. Discrete Option Multiple Choice (DOMC) is a recent innovation in computer-based testing that offers many advantages in the areas of test security and measurement over classic multiple choice items.
More information can be found in our DOMC FAQ (pdf, only accessible by Ericsson employees). Please take the opportunity to review our sample DOMC test questions. The initial exams to include DOMC item types are ECP 105 and ECP 204.
Target Audience for ETCP
At present ETCP is designed primarily to meet the needs of Ericsson employees, although in some cases certain exams and exam tracks are made available to external candidates. Ericsson is currently evaluating the development of a comprehensive certification program for customers, partners, and university students.
The primary target audience for ETCP is technical engineers and solution architects who directly or indirectly support one or more of the following: Technical Sales, Design, Configuration, Integration, Operation and Support, or related activities. Others in a technical function who are required to have a solid understanding of the Ericsson portfolio and underlying technologies may also benefit from earning ETCP certification.
Exam Delivery Methods
Ericsson currently supports exam delivery through three mechanisms:
- The preferred way of taking exams for Ericsson employees is through internal Ericsson Certification Days (ECDs). Learn more about the Ericsson Certification Days (ECDs) process.
- Operating system: Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) (all editions except 'RT')
Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) (all editions except 'Starter')
Note: Mac OSX is not supported at this time.
- Display: 1024 x 768 in 16-bit color (minimum resolution)
- Network connection: Pearson strongly recommends using a wired network rather than a wireless network as it provides better exam delivery performance.
- Internet connection: Broadband (DSL, cable or LAN/WAN): 256 kbps down / 256 kbps up.
Dial-Up Internet connections are not supported.
- Internet browsers: One of the following: Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11 must be installed on the local delivery station.
- Browser settings: Cookies must be enabled. Pop-up blockers must be disabled.
- Additional software: Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or newer is required.
Some security software programs, like antivirus software or Internet security software, can disrupt exam delivery and may need to be temporarily disabled.
Read complete specifications and requirements »
- All exam candidates may take their exams through Pearson VUE’s worldwide network of testing centers.
- Ericsson has expanded the Online Proctoring (OP) delivery method to the regions listed below. Please note that writing utensils and paper are not allowed during OP exams. You should read about OP here to learn more about the process and decide if OP is right for you. If you are uncomfortable with any of the OP requirements we recommend you schedule an in-person exam at either an ECD or a Pearson VUE Test Center.
Available OP Regions: Region Countries RNAM US and Canada RECA Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine RASO New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia RWCE Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, UK RLAM Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Venezuela Registration for the following region/countries will open soon: RMED Italy, Spain, France, Greece
Information for Test Taker
We recommend that you verify the computer that you will use to take your exam meets the minimum specifications before you register for your exam.
If your computer does not meet these specifications the exam will not launch. Click here to run an automated check of your computer to determine if it meets the system requirements:
Information for Proctor
When the candidate is ready to begin, click the Launch Exam button below.
For Pearson VUE Technical Support click here.
Exam Security and Candidate Agreement
Ericsson takes the security of its certification exams seriously and requires all candidates to accept the terms of a Candidate Agreement before beginning their exams. By accepting this agreement, candidates agree to the terms and conditions of ETCP, in particular by maintaining the confidentiality of the content of all exams.
- Transition to Pearson VUE
- Registering and Scheduling an Exam
- My Exam History and Records
- Accommodations for Disabilities
For more information about the program and certification offerings, internal exam candidates can visit the ETCP website (Ericsson employees only at this time).