North Carolina Insurance
This page contains specific information about North Carolina Insurance testing. Register for your next exam, find test information, or download handbooks/applications/forms from this page.
Examination Scheduling Information
Please VERIFY that your name and personal information are CORRECT. Contact Pearson VUE immediately to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors. It is very important that this information is correct, as it will appear as it was entered on the documentation provided to you after you have completed the exam, as well as on any reports to your licensing agency.
IMPORTANT - SSN Notification
When you pursue licensure in North Carolina, you must complete an application which requires your Social Security Number (SSN).
Please be advised that Pearson VUE cannot accept an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) as your SSN. You must have a valid SSN which was issued through the Social Security Administration.
NOTE: All Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN’s) begin with the numeral “9”.
Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day you wish to test, subject to availability. Pearson VUE offers the following scheduling options:
- Candidate Handbook (3.5 MB pdf)
The Candidate Handbook is the most comprehensive resource for prospective licensees.
- Content Outlines (Insurance Only) for examinations taken prior to September 12, 2014 (286 KB pdf)
- Content Outlines (Insurance Only) for examinations taken on or after September 12, 2014 (554 KB pdf)
- Examination Admission Ticket (500 KB pdf)
- Prelicensing Provider List (160 KB pdf)
- North Carolina Insurance Resident Licensing Fees (70 KB pdf)
- ESL Accommodation Request Form (191 KB pdf)