Huawei Certification covers ICT technology areas. Through meeting the competence development requirement of ICT talent at different levels , Huawei Certification can facilitate personal career development and enhance organization performance.
The rapid growth of the ICT industry represents the great demand on ICT talent. Meanwhile, the revolution in the industry sets more requirements for the knowledge and skills to be acquired by professionals. Individuals have to master “knowledge convergence, multi-disciplinary skills and evolved standards” in order to be a qualified ICT talent.
To cope with the market requirement, Huawei launches certification service, to cover the major technologies of ICT area. It is a core part of individual career development and organization performance enhancement.
A universal technical standard for staff under the ICT convergence trend
Under considerable investigation and analysis on industry development trend and Practitioner’s competence model, Huawei’s certification system focuses on universal knowledge and skills of ICT industry. It covers IP, IT, and Communication Technology (CT) to meet talent’s capability development requirement of different ICT areas.
A benchmark of competence model for ICT talents
With Huawei’s pioneer role in ICT industry, the certification system is based on rich practices in ICT industry and extensive understanding of the knowledge and skills required by ICT talents. Through a multilevel certification model, ICT talents competence development can be guided and supported by authoritative recognition.
Accredited qualification with profound assessment system
The comprehensive test database guarantees certification quality by providing a proven tool to certify individuals for their technical competency, operational discipline and practical ability. Test items relate to key knowledge and skills ensuring that the certified individual has the appropriate competence to meet job-role requirements.
Huawei Certification Systems Including:
- IP Technology Certification
- LTE Technology Certification
- Cloud Computing Technology Certification
- Transmission Technology Certification
- Access Network Technology Certification
- Optical Network Technology Certification
- Microwave Product Technology Certification
- Mobile Soft Switch Technology Certification
- NGN Technology Certification
- MGW&SBC Technology Certification
- USC Technology Certification
- SG Technology Certification
- GSM Technology Certification
- WCDMA Technology Certification
- CDMA Technology Certification
- Wimax Technology Certification
- GSM RNP&RNO Certification
- WCDMA RNP&RNO Certification
- CDMA RNP&RNO Certification
- Microwave RNP Certification
- Site and Power System Certification
- Hybrid Power Supply Certification
- Telecommunication Equipment Survey Certification
- Hardware Installation Supervision（Exclude RF Product) Certification
- Hardware Installation Supervision (Include RF Product) Certification
Announcement of Exam Price Adjustment
Effective from August 10, 2012, the price of the following Huawei certification exams would be adjusted:
|Exam name||Exam code||Old price||New price|
|HCDP BCAN||HC-121-ENU, HC-121-CHS||120USD||160USD|
|HCDP BCRN||HC-122-ENU, HC-122-CHS||120USD||160USD|
|HCDP BITN||HC-123-ENU, HC-123-CHS||120USD||160USD|
|HCIE Carrier Written Exam||HC-161-CHS||250USD||300USD|
This is a fast-track certification for IP Certification. It accommodates the certifications issued by other networking vendors and allows those certification holders to attain the Huawei IP certification within the shortest feasible period.
If you have taken Huawei Certification exam before, you’ll need to use your existing Test ID when registering. Appointments may be made in advance or on the day you wish to test, subject to availability. Pearson VUE offers a variety of scheduling options:
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Huawei’s Transition to
- Why is Huawei moving these exams to Pearson VUE?
Moving Huawei certification exams to Pearson VUE test delivery worldwide will advance test accessibility through the deployment of advanced registration and delivery technologies, facilitate the rapid localization of exams around the world, and allow for increased certification scalability and coverage. This move will also improve exam security worldwide.
- When will this change happen?
Candidates may continue to test with Prometric until Dec 16, 2011. After that time, all exams will be delivered only through Pearson VUE Authorized Test Centers.
- Why did Huawei choose Pearson VUE?
Pearson VUE was selected for several reasons, including:
- Global reach
- Unified registration and delivery platforms
- Ability to scale to new countries with new requirements
- Ability to meet forecasted demands
- Shifting to Pearson VUE also advances Huawei’s test delivery through the deployment of advanced technologies, facilitates the rapid localization of exams around the world, and allows for increased certification scalability and coverage.
- Who is Pearson VUE?
Pearson VUE (pearsonvue.com) provides computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world's most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 175 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON), the world's leading learning company.
- What are the benefits of this move to candidates?
This decision is about enhancing the value of Huawei certifications. Pearson VUE focuses on providing advances in testing and security technologies and greater test center access, meanwhile, Huawei is also making significant investments in safeguarding and marketing its programs to protect the integrity of every Huawei certification and raise employers' awareness of its value.
- How do I create my Pearson VUE web account?
New Pearson VUE user: have not taken any previous certification exams at Pearson VUE, and have not yet created a profile at www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei
- Go to www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei
- Select ‘My Account’
- Click ‘create a new web account’
- Follow the instructions
Existing Pearson VUE user: have already taken exams at Person VUE with another test client
If you have taken exams at Pearson VUE under another test client, and you already have Pearson VUE web account set up, you can add Huawei to your account as a new test sponsor by logging into your account on this page, selecting Update Profile>Additional Information>and selecting Huawei from the dropdown menu, and you will be assigned an Huawei Testing ID by Pearson VUE.
- What will happen to my records with Prometric?
All records are the property of Huawei, and this information will remain with Huawei. Likewise, all new records created through Pearson VUE will be forwarded to Huawei for processing and storage.
- How do I update my information in my Pearson VUE profile?
If you need to update your profile information after you have your Pearson VUE web account, you can do so by following the directions below.
- Select ‘My Account’ at the right of this page
- Select ‘Update Profile’ on the left of the screen
- Update your information and ‘Save Profile’
- I have already taken exams with Prometric. Do my exams remain valid? Can I finish my certification with Pearson VUE?
Yes, after you have created your web account at Pearson VUE, you should simply schedule your next exam. Because all previous and future results are the property of Huawei, this will not affect existing certifications or certification paths.
- Does Pearson VUE have access to information about non-Huawei exams that I've taken with Prometric?
No. Pearson VUE only has access to data related to the exams it delivers.
- I have created my web account at Pearson VUE, but I cannot see the exams that I took at Prometric.
Pearson VUE only has access to data related to the exams it has delivered. In your Pearson VUE profile, you will only see exams that you have taken at Pearson VUE.
- What will happen to a candidate's exam records at Prometric?
Because all data pertaining to Huawei exams is the property of Huawei, Prometric will not keep any data about Huawei candidates in its system once it is no longer delivering Huawei exams.
- I discovered that I have duplicate VUE records. How can I get these merged?
After Dec 16, 2011, please request to have your accounts merged by contacting PearsonVUE, detailed contact information can be found at www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/contact.
- Will this transition change the existing certifications?
No, existing certifications will remain the same.
- Will I be able to use my Prometric Testing ID to register for exams with Pearson VUE?
No. Before you are able to register for exams with Pearson VUE, you will need to create a web account at www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/capva/. Please be prepared to provide your existing Prometric ID (SR Number) when you register.
- I forgot my Prometric ID, how do I retrieve it?
You need to call Prometric testing centers to check your ID.
- Where are Pearson VUE Authorized Test Centers located?
Pearson VUE currently has more than 5,000 Pearson VUE Test Centers worldwide, including several hundred company-owned and -operated Pearson Professional Centers. You can find a Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center near you by visiting www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/locate and using the Test Center Locator.
- What if I already have a Huawei exam scheduled with Prometric?
If you have a test scheduled to take place on or before Dec 15, 2011, the last day to test at Prometric, then no action is required, and you can’t schedule exams to take place with Prometric after the date.
- Are the Huawei exams on the Pearson VUE system different?
No. Although the look and feel of the Pearson system may be a little different, the exam questions and scoring has not changed. Candidates do not need to adjust their training and preparation plans because the move to Pearson.
- How can I register for an exam at Pearson VUE?
Pearson VUE offers three different methods of registration: (1) register on the Pearson VUE web site, (2) call a Pearson VUE agent, or (3) contact the test center directly.
- To register for an exam on the Pearson VUE Web site, please sign in at www.pearsonvue.com/huawai/schedule using your Pearson VUE username and password. Please note that you will need to create a web account prior to using the Pearson VUE web site for the first time. If you do not yet have a username and password, please create a Web account now at www.pearsonvue.com/huawai/capva. If you need assistance, please contact Pearson VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/contact.
- Another way to register for an exam is to contact a Pearson VUE agent directly. You can find the appropriate number(s) for your region at www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/contact.
- The third option is to call or visit a test center directly. To locate the address and telephone number of a Pearson VUE test center, visit www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/locate.
- Will exams be available at the same testing centers as with Prometric?
Not necessarily. Pearson VUE has more than 5,000 test centers in 165 countries worldwide. The easiest way to locate one near you is to visit www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/locate.
- Are Prometric and Pearson VUE's testing requirements the same?
Yes. Because Huawei sets the testing requirements for its exams, the requirements at Pearson VUE will be the same.
- How can I get a receipt for my exam appointments?
A confirmation letter is automatically sent via email after you register for an exam at a Pearson VUE Test Center, and you may print this email as your receipt if you pay your exam fee directly with Pearson VUE. If you do not receive the automated email, please contact Pearson VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/contact.
If you purchase a voucher from Huawei or any Huawei authorized 3rd party, please consult receipt information with Huawei or the party concerned.
- Will the test fees change?
No, test fees are set by Huawei and will remain the same at Pearson VUE as they are at Prometric.
- Can Pearson VUE sites accommodate candidates with special needs?
Yes, Pearson VUE and Huawei may allow accommodations to candidates who are identified as having special needs. If you need additional time to complete your exam or another accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
- How can candidates get a copy of their Prometric score reports?
Copies of your score reports at Prometric will no longer be available after Dec 15th, 2011.
- Will Prometric vouchers be valid after the cutover date? Will candidates still be able to use these existing vouchers?
If you do not take your exam at Prometric by Dec 15, 2011, you may use your voucher to take your exam with Pearson VUE on or after Dec 16, 2011.
- I am trying to register for an exam at Pearson VUE and my voucher will not work.
If you are trying to use an existing Prometric voucher to register for an exam at Pearson VUE, you should ensure that:
- The voucher has not expired
- You are entering the voucher into the correct field
If you continue to have problems with your voucher and you have cleared the reasons above, please go to www.pearsonvue.com/Huawei/contact for further assistance.