Request test accommodations for Microsoft
Each request for test accommodations is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that accommodations cannot be added to a previously scheduled exam. If approved for accommodations, you will be provided instructions on how to schedule your accommodated exam.
How to Apply for Accommodations:
- Accommodations can be requested using the “Reasonable Adjustments Request System” https://rs.hgportal.net/amer/candidate. The Reasonable Adjustments Request System is a secure, on-line system for requesting accommodations and submitting supporting documentation.
- If you are a first-time user to the request system, you will need to create a username and password. To create a username, click on the “Register” link at the log-in screen: https://rs.hgportal.net/amer/candidate. Please note that the system requires that you have an active email account.
- Once you have logged in to the system, you may request accommodations by clicking on the “Start Your Request Here” button and following the directions in the request system.
- The final step (step 6) will require you to upload supporting documentation. If you haven’t already done so, give your evaluator (doctor, psychologist) a copy of the Guidelines for Evaluators for your disability. Your evaluator should make sure that the documentation he/she provides meets our guidelines. In most cases, your evaluator will be a psychologist or doctor who administered a series of psychological, educational or medical tests, and provided you with a copy of a diagnostic report or a detailed letter.
- After you have uploaded the necessary documents, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. You will receive an email from the system notifying you that your request has been submitted.*
- Please allow 10 business days for us to review your materials.
- After your request has been reviewed, you will receive an email to notify you that a determination has been made. The determination letter will appear on step 6 of your request in the “My Documents” section. If approved, the determination letter will provide instructions for scheduling your accommodated exam.
- If you are not satisfied with the test accommodations decision, you may appeal the decision by clicking on the “Request an Appeal” button on the bottom of step 6 of your request. This will place an appeal form in the “My Forms” section of this page. Please complete this form and upload the document in the “My Documents” section of step 6. You may also submit additional documentation by clicking on the “Upload Additional Documents” button on this page. After you have uploaded the necessary documents, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. Disability experts review all appeal requests.
*If you are under 18 years of age or have a legal guardian, you will need to have your parent/guardian complete the Guardian Consent Form and upload this document on step 6 of your request. This form is available in the “My Forms” section of step 6 of your request.
It would be helpful (but is not required) for you to provide additional supporting documentation, such as:
- School records that show participation in special education services
- Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Transcripts from middle school or high school
- Other records that show a history of academic difficulties due to your disability
To submit additional documents, click on the “Upload Additional Documents” button on step 6 of your request.
Required forms are available in two formats.
- PDF — represented by this icon (requires Adobe® Acrobat® installed on your computer)
- DOC — represented by this icon (requires Microsoft® Word® installed on your computer)
Find the form you wish to download. Then, click on the link for the format that is most appropriate for you.
|Guidelines for Evaluators||Adobe Acobat||Microsoft Word|
|LCD - Evaluator Guidelines||71 KB, PDF||74 KB, DOC|
|ADHD - Evaluator Guidelines||73 KB, PDF||55 KB, DOC|
|EPP - Evaluator Guidelines||72 KB, PDF||54 KB, DOC|
|PCH - Evaluator Guidelines||56 KB, PDF||58 KB, DOC|
Additional Appeal Information:
If you have submitted your original request with our previous paper-based forms, you may download the Appeal Form and provide us with any additional documentation you may have. Disability experts review all appeal requests.
|Appeals||Adobe Acobat||Microsoft Word|
|Appeal Form||71 KB, PDF||48 KB, DOC|
If you have further questions regarding the test accommodation process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.